Ukrainian organic export: challenges and opportunities
On 20 June learn about Ukrainian organic sector and meet producers, traders international partners, buyers and donors.
- Time: 10:30 - 13:30 EEST (Europe/Kyiv)
- Format: Online
- Venue: Zoom conference
- Working language: English with simultaneous interpretation into Ukrainian
For two consecutive years Ukraine is in full-scale war fighting with russia, but has remained committed to ensuring food security both domestically and internationally, despite the difficult circumstances. With strong support from the international countries, Ukrainian agricultural and food products were able to reach the EU countries and other destinations through established logistical routes last year. Additionally, the Free Trade Agreement has created new export opportunities for the Ukrainian farmers.
Despite the challenges caused by the full-scale war, the Ukrainian organic sector has increased its exports to EU countries and Switzerland by 13% in 2022 compared with 2021. This achievement was possible thanks to the joint efforts of the international partners, Ukrainian farmers, international traders, Ukrainian organic stakeholders, and authorities.
The numbers speak for themselves, with over 85% of Ukrainian organic operators continue to work in 2023, including those that had to pause their operations in the early stages of the full-scale war. This year, the Ukrainian organic sector has many success stories, which can be attributed to its resilience and perseverance through difficult times. The organic sector remains one of the priorities of Ukraine's agricultural policy, which gives hope for further development, including thanks to the support of international partners.
- Overview of the Ukrainian organic sector and the main indicators of organic exports during the full-scale war
- State support programs for organic enterprises
- From desperation to success: stories of business recovery, crisis management and successful international trade in a wartime
- International support projects for the Ukrainian organic producers
- International cooperation with Ukrainian enterprises during the war: a view from other countries