New standards for the safety and quality of milk in Ukraine
Ukraine has to introduce high standards for the safety and quality of dairy products, which are used by the leading manufacturers of the dairy products in the world
The Order of the Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine "On Approval of Requirements for the Safety and Quality of Milk and Dairy Products" defines indicators of the safety of milk.
The milk suitable for processing must meet the following criteria:
- bacterial contamination - ≤ 100 thousand / ml;
- somatic cell count (SCC) - ≤ 400 thousand / ml;
- freezing point - ≤-0,520 ° С (ie, without impurities of water);
- does not contain inhibitors.
The requirements approved by the order apply to the operators of the milk and dairy products market that export or have declared to the competent authority about their readiness for export.
For all other operators of milk and dairy product market, the above requirements apply from January 1, 2022.
New national standards harmonized with European standards require gradual implementation, therefore the order provides for a transitional period:
- from January 1, 2020, the number of microorganisms in milk should be ≤500 thousand / ml, and the number of somatic cells - ≤500 thousand / ml .;
- from January 1, 2021, the number of microorganisms - ≤300 thousand / ml and SCC - ≤ 400 thousand / ml.
Manufacturers in many countries around the world, particularly in the US and Europe, comply with the standards which are more strict.
Read original news: http://milkua.info/uk/post/novi-standarti-bezpecnosti-ta-akosti-moloka