Wilt u meedoen aan de Foodex 2018 Proeverij?
In 2018 the Embassy will organize a Dutch Food Lounge at the Foodex Japan, which will take place from 6 to 9 March at Makuhari Messe. We would like to invite your company to participate in promotion events which are organized at the lounge, and develop with us a promotion program. Our goal of the lounge is to increase the awareness of Japanese consumers towards high quality food products from Holland (food sector branding).
The Dutch Food Lounge is part of the ‘classical’ Holland Pavilion which is yearly present at the Foodex. The Holland Pavilion will be located in the international pavilion area. The Holland Food Lounge will focus on Dutch Cuisine, and premium food products from Holland. At the Holland Food/Dutch Cuisine Lounge, tastings of various food items will be held, from snacks, desserts, perishables, bakery products, sweets, meat, fish, to beverages.
In order to make good use of the Lounge we would like to invite you to come up with proposals. Collective activities should preferably be based on the following food items/concepts:
- Dutch Food Culture
- Organic and healthy products
- Typical, traditional Dutch products (i.e., from purveyors to the Royal Court of the Netherlands) to leverage our traditions, and our historical relations
- Health & Convenience
- Quality, Health & Innovation
- Other ideas, like geographical indication (Edam Holland, Gouda Holland or basterd suiker)
What we offer
- Name: Holland Food/Dutch Cuisine Lounge
- Booth size: 18 m2
- Opening hours (provisional): Tuesday 6 to Thursday 8 March: 11:00-16:30 and on Friday, 9 March: 11:00-15:00 *Holland Pavilion exhibitors have an opportunity to serve their food during the whole duration.
- Participation costs: the basic fixed costs of the Lounge are covered by the Embassy. Running costs, ingredients etc. etc., and special equipment should be paid by the user. If a company is not a participant of the Holland Pavilion, a small amount for an event at the lounge may be charged, taking in consideration the other costs that are made for the presentation at the Dutch Food Lounge.
We are convinced that the tastings will cater to the company’s needs to promote products and to find new customers in Japan and neighbouring countries. Further information on Foodex 2018 with Holland Pavillion is available in the following article.
Please contact the Agricultural Office of the Netherlands Embassy if you would like to participate.
Evert Jan Krajenbrink, Agricultural Counsellor
Chitose Hatakoshi, Agricultural Officer