Webinar: Flowers and plants in the Polish retail sector
Are you a Dutch company active in the sustainable production of floricultural products or a Dutch floriculture exporter, or do you do both? Would you like to do business with Polish retail customers, catch up with existing Polish business partners or be informed about developments within the Polish retail market? Then join our webinar on 8 June 2022.
Due to its geographical location at the crossroads between East and West, Poland is an important trading partner for the Netherlands, especially in the trade-in flowers and plants.
The Netherlands has many strengths: a technically advanced horticultural sector, environmentally certified products, a global distribution hub and well-oiled logistics, a strong entrepreneurial spirit, and an unprecedented range of products. Dutch growers export cut flowers, pot plants, bedding plants, trees, shrubs, perennials, and flower bulbs to all corners of the world.
As the sale of flowers and plants in Polish supermarkets and DIY stores is gaining ground and becoming more professional, the Embassy of the Netherlands wishes to profile the country as a supplier of high-quality and sustainably cultivated flowers, plants, trees, and bulbs.
Therefore together with AIPH we would like to invite you for a webinar on sales of flowers and plants in the retail in Poland. You can register for the webinar here.
Participation at the webinar is free of charge and is oriented mainly on flower and plants exporters who have interest in the Polish market. During the webinar all the participants will get a good overview of the current flower and plant sales in the Polish retail chains and DIY stores.
- 15.00 Ms. Carolien Spaans Agricultural Cousellor in Warsaw will introduce the topic to the audience, present the activities and the role of the Embassy in this regard.
- 15.15 Mr. Tomasz Szacoń, consultant at Retail Poland Consulting will speak about current situation of retail chains in Poland. Organisation of retail, the biggest players, challenges and chances in the sector.
- 15.25 Ms. Brigitte Hagen from Conceptfactory.eu Brigitte made a store-check programme in Poland. Based on the results of it she will present habits of Polish retail consumers with regard to flowers and plants. She will also give some tips on how to sale better with less conventional assortment on a shelf.
- 15.35 Mr. Robert Radkiewicz will give insights in the Polish garden centers and shops. He's a consultant who gives trainings on how to improve sales in garden centers. He will present the structure and the shape of this part of the sector in Poland and advise how to put own products on shelfs of a Polish garden center.
- 15.45 Ms. Becky Roberts director of Floral International from the Fresh Produce Association based in the US is an authority on sales in the retail chains. Becky will give a presentation about dynamic dispaly of flowers and plants in the retail and give advise on how to avoid losses on a shelf.
- 16.00 promo video "Green is Life" trade show
- 16.05 Short summary of the webinar
Virtual trade mission and the matchmaking
The webinar is followed by a virtual trade mission and a matchmaking organized by the AIPH for companies willing to talk with Polish retail chains. The matchmaking will take place on 23 of June. Detals of this event can be found here.