The Government has closed Ukrainian borders to foreigners
The government of Ukraine announced that Ukraine's border will now be closed to foreign nationals until 28 September.
The Cabinet of Ministers has decided to close Ukrainian borders for foreigners and stateless persons ahead of schedule. Therefore, the entry restriction came into force at 00:00 on August 28 and is valid until 00:00 on September 28, 2020, as being stated in Resolution №757 from August 27, 2020. It should also be noted, that at the meeting of the Cabinet of Ministers held on August 26, where the border closing was discussed, a starting was identified as August 29.
Categories of foreign citizens who are allowed to enter the territory of Ukraine are presented on the Government portal, their list includes:
- persons who are recognized as refugees or persons in need of additional protection;
- persons who are diplomats, employees of consular posts, missions of official international missions, organizations accredited in Ukraine, and members of their families or are persons who arrive at the invitation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine;
- persons who are instructors of the armed forces of NATO member states and member states of the NATO "Partnership for Peace" program, who take part in training events for units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine or arrive at the invitation of the Ministry of Defence.
Entry into Ukraine remains allowed, but subject to the availability of an insurance policy that will cover the possible costs associated with the treatment of COVID-19, the following citizens:
- persons who are spouses or children of Ukrainian citizens;
- persons who have an official valid work permit in Ukraine;
- technical specialists who arrive in Ukraine at the invitation of representatives of Ukrainian enterprises;
- transit passengers who have documents confirming departure abroad within two days;
- person who arrive in the country for training purposes;
- persons who are serving in the Armed Forces;
- persons who have permanent or temporary residence permit in Ukraine;
- persons who are heads and members of official delegations of foreign states, employees of international organizations, as well as persons accompanying them and entering Ukraine at the invitation of the President of Ukraine, the Verkhovna Rada, the Cabinet of Ministers, the Office of the President, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- persons who are drivers and / or crew members of freight vehicles, buses engaged in regular transportation, crew members of aircraft, ships and river vessels, members of train and locomotive crews;
- cultural figures who arrive at the invitation of a cultural institution together with one person accompanying each of them;
- persons who arrive to participate in official sports competitions held in Ukraine, and accompanying persons;
- persons who carry out transportation of hematopoietic stem cells for transplantation;
- persons who arrive for treatment in health care institutions of Ukraine.
Meanwhile, in accordance with Ukrainian legislation, the Head of the State Border Guard Service has a right to make additional decisions on the control of the foreigners crossing the state border.
Further to this, Ukraine has extended the period of adaptive quarantine until October 31, 2020, more details are available on the official information portal of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine by following the link.