Webinar "Food Security in the UAE in a Covid-19 world"
A second webinar on the topic of Food Security in the UAE will be held on June 22nd. Read more about it in this article.
Food Security webinar (part 2): “Food Security in the UAE in a Covid-19 World: developments regarding supply chain, imports, logistics, storage and strategic stocks”
Date and time: Monday 22 June, 11:00am UAE time / 9:00am Dutch time
In the Global Food Security Index the UAE is ranked on the 21st place, as the country jumped an impressive 10 places (from 31) compared to the previous year. It reflects the successful efforts of the UAE government to obtain increased food security, in addition to the aim of establishing the country as a world leading hub in innovation-driven food security.
For countries around the world the COVID-19 epidemic has put clear emphasis on self-sufficiency, especially regarding food supply. For the UAE this is no different, and both local production and secure, stable imports of food have become an even higher priority these days.
The webinar is part of a series of webinars on the topic of Food Security. Our first food security webinar held on the 10th of May focussed on local production. During this second webinar we will cover the wider food supply chain. The aim is to provide insight in the recent developments in the UAE regarding food logistics, storage, strategic stocks, imports, and food safety and quality control. What are the focus points? Are there already lesson learnt? What are the business opportunities arising across the food supply chain? How have the companies participating in the panel discussion coped since the start of the COVID-19 crisis?
A third webinar on poultry will be held on June 30th, of which the program will be announced later.
Agenda 22 June:
• Opening Stefanie Schachtschabel – Chairman Netherlands Business Council
• Keynote Lody Embrechts – Ambassador of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
• Panel discussion – led by Gus Schellekens – Partner Climate Change and Sustainability Services EY
• Essa Al Ghurair, General Manager, Al Ghurair Resources LLC
• Paul Vrijhof, Strategy & Business Development, AD Ports
• Philippe van Meir, Director Middle East & Southern Asia, Air France KLM Cargo
• Mr. V. Nandakumar, Global Director Marketing & Communications, Lulu Group
Registration link: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/8642878683216544271