Doing business in Tanzania: updates regarding COVID-19
The outbreak of COVID-19 has consequences for entrepreneurs doing business in or with Tanzania. We provide an overview of useful information intended for everyone involved in agribusiness in Tanzania. The agriculture team of the embassy of the Netherlands can answer further questions via email@example.com.
We aim to continue our regular work as much as possible.
COVID-19 in Tanzania
The Tanzanian Ministry of Health is the main source of information regarding COVID-19 in Tanzania. Information is shared by the Ministry of Health via their website and occasionally on their twitter account. Check their website and social media for any updates.
Further information and useful links
The embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Tanzania has carefully compiled a COVID-19 economic update on the expected impact of the pandemic and measures in place. This update serves to enable Dutch businesses with general information and multiple web links to make better-informed decisions. You can find the update created by the Netherlands Embassy here.
In addition to this economic update we would like to provide an overview of useful websites based on the type of questions we receive. In case you have suggestions for useful additions to this list, kindly share them with us by sending us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Dutch entrepreneurs that are doing business in African countries, the Netherlands Enterprise Agency made an overview of frequently asked questions about COVID-19 in Africa in Dutch.
- The Netherlands Chamber of Commerce in collaboration with the Netherlands Enterprise Agency published an overview of measures to help Dutch businesses that are affected by COVID-19 here.
- The European Commission’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic includes a number of restrictions to transport, which can be found on the website of the European Commission.
- Find out what the European Union in Tanzania is doing in response to COVID-19 on their twitter account.
- The Tanzania Investment Centre has executed a COVID-19 economic impact assessment survey on investments. The survey can be found here. As soon as the results are published, we will share them on this page.
- Kindly find the press statement issued by the Bank of Tanzania, to approve policy measures to cushion the economy from effect of COVID-19 here.
- You can participate in a COVID- 19 economic impact assessment survey conducted by the Tanzanian private sector foundation and the Tanzania National Business Council.
- On 29 April the Netherlands Embassy in Tanzania organized a webinar on Covid-19 implications for Dutch businesses in Tanzania, you can find the recorded webinar here. If you are interested to join more Embassy webinars then kindly register by sending an email to email@example.com.
Due to the COVID-19, many of the upcoming (agriculture) events have been rescheduled. As soon as new dates have been confirmed we will share them in our agenda
COVID-19 in the Netherlands
For questions regarding travel restriction for the Netherlands, travelling abroad and visas, have a look at information from the Netherlands government here. More general information about COVID-19 in the Netherlands can be found here.
Travel advice Tanzania
Factsheet doing business in Tanzania
The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Tanzania also developed a factsheet providing general guidance on doing business in Tanzania. You can find this factsheet with (non COVID-19 related) tips here.
Important note: Owing to changing nature of the COVID pandemic, the current situation and government measures in place are continuously evolving. Please continue to update yourself on the current state of affairs, including by verifying information with the relevant business associations or your local partner.
Together we will get through these tough times. Stay safe.
Questions for the agriculture department can be addressed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions on general trade can be direct to email@example.com. This website links to the general contact information of the Netherlands Embassy in Dar es Salaam.
For the latest updates follow the agriculture department on twitter via @NLAgriTanzania and the Netherlands Embassy on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.